Many of us know that ginseng is food from Asia, and we have heard that it is beneficial to our health. But do you know what it is?
Ginseng is a species of plant of the genus Panax, which means in Latin panacea, panacea translates “mythical medicine capable of curing all diseases”, so we are already imagining why it is so used by Asians.
What we and our dogs eat as ginseng, are the roots, there are several types of ginseng, however, red ginseng has been one of the most studied, and we will talk about it below.
- Contributes to the modulation of the immune response.
- Improves learning and memory functions significantly, so it is ideal for older dogs.
- In mice, it has been studied that it inhibits anxiety-like behaviors because it increases brain levels of dopamine.
- Improves circulation in the heart, especially the function of pushing blood to the body, (ventricular function).
- It exerts beneficial effects on lipid and glucose metabolism.
A study published in 2017 says: “Ginseng is considered both a substance that can improve physical and mental skills and a reinvigorating product which can help the body regain the physiological functions after exposure to stressful or painful stimuli.”
So this is a food that can help in several ways to your pet, however, keep in mind that each dog may have different reactions to the proven, so if it is the first time you give this food to your dog, start with small amounts and observe their response.
Leave a Comment